Monday, August 07, 2006

Shadow Cliffs


Ahhh, the things that I finally have time to do in the off season, like find a great unofficial dog park in the east bay.
Lab Central, baby!
Good running and cross practice as well.
In another life I used to swim around in the big lake at 0600 wearing a speedo in 61 degree water, but now I have seen the light. Actually, the best swimming is in the winter, when the water is clean and the coliform counts aren't too high from the zillions of people and their poor hygiene.
Speaking of coliform counts, maybe some bad lettuce took me down this weekend.
No worries, 36 hours of sleep and some Pepto-B and I'm back at it. Even had a damn salad tonight, little hair of the dog action.

6 comments:

Merkeley Bike said...

Damn, lettuce seems like such a safe food. So much for pre-washed.

Ummm...what is this swimming and running? They sound vaguely familiar.

Gianni said...

Yeah, I'm not sure if that was it, there were a couple of likely culprits.
If I think about food safety too much, I'd never eat in East Oakland.
As for swimming- purely for fun while on vacation.
Running is coming along, but all the injuries from the past are right under the surface waiting to make a return. The dog is happy though.

X Bunny said...

did i hear someone say "off-season"?!

Gianni said...

VB- all of one week. Cross mania is right around the corner.

Gianni said...

See im so rested I'm getting my XB's mixed up with the VB's.
More naps less work.

Ron Castia said...

Hey, you have been AWAL on the ride for two days, there better be a tandem sized up ready to go.

T and I went for some speed last night. A dude on Mines Road got washed away by a hi speed Tsunami.