Thursday, August 10, 2006

Dear Joe Friel-


Just a couple of thoughts-

Do guys that make their living in muddy holes doing muddy hole things need a Maximum Strength period? 600 lbs on a leg press is fine for cycling, IMHO. 180 on the seated row is way more than I need to pull on some bars in a sprint.
This concept of functional fitness, that's the name that rolls around in my head and is probably copyrighted somewhere, now that does attract me. Keeping my core muscles strong so I can pick up a piece of equipment at work, or put a bike up, or give my kid a hug without spending a day on the couch, very cool. Being fit enough to enjoy my later years and not be getting endless surgeries like many of my coworkers in their fifties.
Core and stretching- probably 30 minutes twice a week. Real fitness gains with a minimal time investment.

Thanks for giving me a flexible planning tool for all the dumb sports I like and probably some new ones as well. It took me 30 minutes to draw up a plan through December.

Keep telling me to mellow out and ignore my buddies going to Gutterfest 2006 when I'm in Base and not even in a rest week. I won't go to Gutterfest as long as a occasional Tuesday bone is thrown my way to keep the champing to a minimum.

The dreams of crit racing- is this good or bad? Why do my tires never hold air? Why are they in parking garages?

Gracias,
Mr. zn 1

2 comments:

Chico Cyclist said...

Awesome Gianni!! I'm tellin' ya Dude - those famous cycling gurus better look out.......Coach Gianni is right around the corner. Let me know when you're open for business too - I still need cornering work! Well, I need work on pretty much everything.

Gianni said...

Did ya sign up for Nicoles' camp coming up? Great teacher, really helped me this year.