Sunday, August 13, 2006

Cave Day

Today was just a great family day. Spent the day with my sisters, Little C., and Cousin B. Stopped in Valley Springs and visited New Cousin D.- 5 months and 20 lbs, gonna be a big boy! Man I gotta finish riding that Hogan Dam Rd out behind their place, I rode it one spring day for an hour an a half, finally turned around when the stream crossings got a little too deep for me and the Kelly. On Yahoo maps it goes through to Milton Rd, which I wanted to do and check out the copper course. Ran out of tubes and tools on the dirt road on the way back, next time I take the crosser.
Went to the California Caverns outside of San Andreas, the sisters stayed outside and took a nap while me and the kids suited up-

Major fun on the one hour tour, a little squinching to fit through some holes, but nothing too serious. Hard to shoot good pics with my crappy camera, but there were some amazing rock formations in there.

I'd love to go back for the big tour, 5 hours of mud-slogging, crawling, rafting across underground lakes....

I'll have to wait for after the mud-slogging, crawling, aboveground lakes crossing with-a-bike season to end before my return, though.
Really looking forward to it. I wish Bob would put up the East Bay schedule. I love tuning up in 100 degrees and dust. I see one in Folsom that fits with the schedule, maybe I'll head up there and get killed by all the guys that started base in June. MMMMmmm, I can't wait.

Anyway, Little C. is going to the Jelly Belly factory tour tommorrow, so Pops slipped her a few extra bucks to get him some black jelly beans and look for the Sport Beans.
Sport Beans and Clif Bloks, who needs real energy food?That shit is gooood.

3 comments:

X Bunny said...

we ride in valley springs all the time

ok, all the time when it's not hot....

and there's at least 3-4 roads called milton road that don't even connect to eachother.....

Gianni said...

Roads that go nowhere- so much fun. Some pretty good roads as long as the cars aren't out on them too.

Gianni said...

Fresh Jelly Flops- think the Charlie Brown X-mas trees- pretty damn good.