Saturday, October 07, 2006

Another Day In Suburbia


Hit the WOT ride this morning after getting about 5 hours sleep, very nice.
So hard to get focused when I've been missing my slumber, and the way the job has been, even after taking two days off the bike this week, have been waking up tired.
Almost all EMC folks out there, probably the fastest no-drop ride in WOT history,21.2 avg.
Anyway, good fun and I got in a little sprint work to open things up-( a term I still don't understand, but get the idea) for tommorrows cross funnies.
Felt more mediocre when I was done than when I started, so we will see manana.
Rode direct to the soccer game and after changin quickly in the burb, caught most of Little C's game.
Little C has played since she was 4 in the San Lorenzo ice cream league. and has always shown a distinct preference for the defensive side of the game. Getting her to cross midfield is like pulling teeth, but she has that natural instinct for the correct angle to play, and loves to roam like Mike Singletary back there. If she was a boy-child, we would have sent her to the football fields without delay.
Little C is kind of like her dad, average athlete that loves a little competition, some good snacks afterwards, and a team to play for. Unfortunately got my asthma as well, another reason to play defense, not so much balls out running.
The new coach, who I have my issues with is very non-competitive and doesn't like to play positions, especially in U-10 house league soccer.
So it was today that I found myself watching my daughter tentatively venturing to the other side of midfield, hovering around to outside, not sure what to do, when the ball came out of the bunch and rolled her way.
She did what she always does when protecting the backfield, she punted that bad boy.

The goalie was on the other side of the net, as it rolled slowly toward the promised land.

And it hit the post and rolled away.

We celebrated anyway. She may never score a goal, but it really don't matter.

No comments: