Monday, July 03, 2006

Shasta



"It's times like this we learn to live again"- the Foos


We took a quick trip up to Mt. Shasta this weekend for a wedding. Saturday I got out for a five hour ride of the Shasta Century course, doing the Gumboot climb, Castle Lake, and most of Mt. Shasta before deciding if I was to have any dancin' legs at all that night, I needed to chill.
So beautiful, riding 1 1/2 hour climbs, getting to the top, feeling the sweat cooling me with the breeze from the 10,000 foot peak behind me, turning around to look at Shasta and eat something. Thinking about the bride and groom meeting on that mountain a few years back, I was on some godforsaken rock pile with him a few weeks before outside of Bishop, and him complaining about having to guide a bunch of rookies up Shasta as a favor. All the other folks bailed, they had a heck of a first blind date, and the adventure has been on ever since.....
soulmates for life.

2 comments:

Chico Cyclist said...

Can't wait for that Century!! One of the best Centuries I did last year.....and perfect weather to boot.

Gianni said...

I'd go back up. but will be out of hall passes for a while after Cascade and Minden.
How's the first climb out of Weed? I wanted to do it, but lost my way south of Weed a little.