Saturday, August 18, 2007

Time To Refresh.......

and find things that reward me and mine.

This is my fourth year helping coach the See Jane Tri program, every year I get a little more involved and always learn something.

Working with new athletes = where it's at.

I push our bike team towards it because I believe in developing people through sport, because I have seen the changes and true strength people find in the challenges.

When it's all over, not to be melodramatic, but I have a feeling changing lives is going to be a little more rewarding and memorable than making change...

While digging ditches pays the bills, my mind wanders elsewhere.

Three Bears workout today- for those that shred that hill like it's nothing in a bike race , just disregard.
But for a average person, just getting into this ?
Way tough.
Those girls are training hard this season, we sagged NOT ONE person today.
And most of em ran after.
Back over Papa Bear.

I was so inspired, I actually laced up the sneaks as well.
Gawd- Almighty that runnin' is hard!

Nothin' but respect....

4 comments:

Allison Krasnow said...

coaching newbes has always sounded like very rewarding work to me.
and to like it so much that it got you to run...good lord!

Johnny GoFast said...

Newby's on Three Bears?...Welcome to the Big Leagues.

Ron Castia said...

Coaching or just giving some training advice, it is always rewarding when someone comes back a year later and tells you that your advice changed everything for them and they are getting personal bests.

nosajpalnud said...

That's cool you are helping out the newbies. My wife coaches tri newbies and it's fun to see them progress and also to go help out on occasion.