Monday, September 25, 2006

On Any Given Sunday.....

It's on from now till January.
Starting with the dry heat and rocks, but you can feel fall in the air when you wake, to the rain and mud of the late season. It's on and I love it.
Prunedale was like Old Home Week yesterday. Big fun seeing all the folks.
I wish I brought my party hat, though. Woke up feeling sleepy/crappy and never improved. Great warmup, checked the lines out well, just not with it mentally. I had some long nights at work this week and while I slept the night before, I think the residual stress just shut me down Sunday.
The first race was the more disappointing of the two, just letting the lead group ride off, then engaging in the battle to hold my position. Blah blah blah, yada yada.
Second race was the Singlespeed, much fun there, and I actually woke up a little. Needed a little more gear to compete, though, the 34 x 16 is great for riding around, but dropping it a little more and going back to the ridgid fork would have helped lots.
I have decided that singlespeedin' is just as geeky as geared riding, although they front like they don't care.I like it. I think it's good for riders like me that beat the hell out of stuff anyway, less to worry about/break. I bet one of those SS cross bikes just explode out of a corner, mmmmm.
It's all good and two races hurt a lot less this week than last.
I used a recommnedation from a new fave blog- Burritophile, to find a absolute gem in Gilroy. Sliced avocados melted in the cheese, juicy chicken rolled in with rice and smoky beans. MAde the ride home much better.
Next week maybe?

No comments: