Sunday, September 03, 2006

Burned Sausage and other random thoughts this weekend

I like alot of things about Pleasantville. Low crime, fancy downtown, great schools with tons of parent participation. I'm not diggin this get on the loudspeaker and tell a group of cyclists that they have to ride single file in a 6 foot bike lane kinda talk, especially when said lane is full of glass because the beancounters downtown fired the streetsweepers and contract it out to save my tax money, Now the lanes get swept like never or every six months, whichever comes first, and some manager is getting a bonus with my tax money .

One can eat too many chocolate chip cookies, even if they are two for one at Albertsons.

Fun little group ride on Saturday, wide range of folks. We hit the hotspot on Highland, I jump off of the Nome/Groove wagons' wheel and make a nice group with me and one other teamie, a nice fellow from eye- treeple-see and a liv-no-more guy that blows off after skipping 5 or six pulls. We catch another feller that is up the road after skipping the pee stop. We are rolling and the rest of the red n' black clubbies shut it down/ attach themselves like limpets to any bridge action. We get to a K, I make a lame jump that actually gets some room, then chased. Teamie Bob counters, he gets the chase. One more push by the strong young buck for the line, and I go for the sign up the centerline. Damn, there's a gardening truck with a frickin' lawnmower sticking out the side oncoming, and I give it the soft pedal for a few and duck back , then whip it up again, but the young fella is too strong and will not be denied, good for him.Still wondering if I coulda got it, but with the amount of tragedy that road has seen, I'll live to fight another day.

I really want to screw with the training plan and do this on Wednesday. Probably not a base 2 activity, unless I call it a skills practice. A real coach would wash his hands of me pretty quick, but the champing is getting loud in my head. Soon it will be time to play every weekend in the dirt, I love it!

Even burned sausage is still charred meat, and that makes it American.

Happy Labor Day, Everybody!

2 comments:

diskzero said...

Man, I hope you did the race.  What kind of coach would deny their client a crazy ass race every now and then?

Gianni said...

Crazy ass race, I'm leaving in a couple of hours.
Old Gianni says it's 90 out there today, so, not bad.