Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Tuesday Worlds Report

Oh my, the battle between EMC and Eye-triple-see raged on today, with about seven spidey-guys and 4 of the orange crush. Roughly 30 riders, nice turnout for a nooner.
So fun to have a end to my rest week and a little permission to let fly today , I wanted to punch it on the climbs and was very pleased at the progress from all those fookin intervals. Hung in and followed wheels while my teammates jumped away to freedom.
The tactical squeezing of another, a little pressure here, a little there. Had it done to me so many times I can't count,you can know it's happening and still be powerless to stop it, like a snake curling around you.The chess game went on for 35 miles, breaks, blocks, sprints, some brute force.
Love that noon ride, seeing all the buddies, chatting easy at the beginning and end. Fell in love with cycling again out here 3 years ago, trying to hang on through the flats.Folks out here talked me into racing, joining a team, doing all kinds of crazy stuff.
I ride with all kinds, printers, presidents, sales guys, artists, firemen. Nobody cares what you do off the bike, as long as you obey the rules of the gruppo.

5 comments:

Ron Castia said...

That was a good ride.
After watching from the sidelines on Sunday I realized I need to increase the deposits into the pain bank.

The first one was pretty good size.

Gianni said...

Yes, you were killin' it. That was a large envelope you dropped off on the hill, the rest of the playas disappeared there.
Easy ride on the Double- Hippety-Hopper today.....

norcalcyclingnews.com said...

owwwwwww.

Dr. Xeno said...

soon, soon
I'll too be
in pain at noon

Groove Talking... said...

It was nice to see you and the wife Sunday. I will have to talk to her some more about going on a coffee tour around town.