Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Evil little devil.....


Made it out to the club ride tonight on Diablo. Rollin' on about 5 hours of sleep, 14 cups of bad coffee and a grapefruit.
I missed the start and did this workout up the hill-BT: Hill sprints. Warm up well. Then do 5 x 20-30 second sprints up 5-8% hill out of saddle (3 minute recoveries). These are all out efforts. 90+ rpm. 3 sets. 5 minutes between sets. Otherwise, heart rate zones 1-2.
Ran into the Brother and his henchman, coming down from their moment in the sun on top. I wuz feelin' good and so were they, props to Bob for cracking the hour mark. We decided to turn uphill and finish me session together, with some supa-secret Brotha coaching in there as well. Still feeling O.K., drinking some cyto as we descend, then the hammer whomps me on the head. Never bonked going DOWN a hill before!The Kelly refused to groove with me, pounding every hole in sight, all over the road, brakes screeching.
The boys had to wait on the descent, this was ugly.
Big bowl of brown rice, veggies, and chicken + 9 hours snooze= good to go manana early, I'm borrowing my buddies full sus machina for the 24 hour race coming up soon. Untouched since I gave it back to him last year, I gotta get him back on the horse.

2 comments:

Merkeley Bike said...

Got to love those hill sprints!!

I did hillervals yesterday and well, in the words of Ze they left me feeling a little 'urpy'!

Sorry to hear about the bonk, never fun. Grapefruit never seems to go very far.

Looking foward to Sunday!!

Chico Cyclist said...

Oh man, that sux!! I HATE bonking! Yeah, I have to admit, I've bonked on a downhill before.......what a fun ride that is to do! Yippee - I can't see straight, but I don't have to pedal - Yes!

Actually, it was a bit boneheaded on my part.

Man, I don't know how you guys do it - multiple sets of hill sprints on Diablo. Ouch. Makes me vomit launch just thinking about it.

Looking forward to this Sunday and next weekend too! I'm thinkin' about just doing it on a unicycle. You think that'd be okay???