Friday, January 25, 2008

graphs, figures and numbers

Hit the garage for some pain today, my first whirl at a power profile test, and man......
Thats some rather limited potential I'm a workin' with.

Some quick impressions-

The trainer is accurate, but it seems like I can get way more watts on the road,I can do much more than 500 for a minute, I think.

The sprints are very tough to crank up there as well, I ended up just using my numbers from last weeks' Friday Night Lights at the old crit course.

My 5 minute number seemed about right, at 373.

Tommorrows fun in the garage consists of the 20 minute test, but going off of the last numbers, my profile almost looks like a division sign with a deep V.


My guess is the TACX or any trainer with a electronic brake is much better with the steady wattages, where the tire can't slip a bit.

Update tommorrow, hoping for a meager improvement after the hard work the last two weeks.

No comments: