Thursday, June 08, 2006

The Taper-

sucks.
I don't know if it's working or not. Rest weeks- I can dig them, especially after hammering for two weeks, I'm ready for a break.
But this taper for two weeks stuff for a hour race, I frankly think I don't train enough hours to descend in volume for two weeks. Mostly I try not to eat, stand, work too hard, start home improvement projects, etc.And there have been slips. Last night I found myself upside down in a muddy hole wrenching on a water pipe because all that extra energy just gets going and I start grabbing tools and just gettin' it.
Tonight the foreman bought a sack of cheeseburgers and- well you get the idea.
Idle mind = dangerous thing for me

4 comments:

Ron Castia said...

If it walks on 4 legs, it's not food. Cheeseburgers, not food.
No me Gusta.

Ron Castia said...

P.S. We were supposed to taper?

I thought we were using the race everyday until the legs open up method.

Day 1: Race hurts, legs heavy from travel.
Day 2: Legs opened up, tear up the course.
Day 3: Legs sore and a little dead from tearing it up.
Day 4: Adaptation, tear it up!

Merkeley Bike said...

I think a good taper is half science and half art.

If you're feeling rested and a little bored I'm sure you're ready.

Have fun and kick some butt!

Gianni said...

Nome- It's not the moo that I love, it's the rest of the burger. equally happy with turk, veg, chick, etc.
Just don't lap me or sumthin'
M.B.-The revised position feels better, more powerful. I refuse to say anything about gel though, bad juju.I think the 2 week block of taper is what is throwin me off. I'm ready to do some miles in the hills soon.