Saturday, June 24, 2006

Pescadero



Nice job, boys! The whole bunch rocked it today, the elites had a great race, bummer about Yoda getting pipped, it's gonna come soon. Nice to see the Thurmanator gettin' down again as well.

The EMC girls had a fantastic race as well, very impressive!That new girl kin git up and boogie!

The sporties- we had us a "character builder". I had lot's of fun sneaking away on 84 and trying to induce the long line of suffering behind me. The third break was the best, strong Sierra Nevada guy worked hard and we stayed away for a long time. We hit the feed zone and the mind said hit em again, even though the legs were bitchin'.

I prolly attacked myself harder than the group, and popped hard on the hill. I tried to push, but the legs were not working like they do during my dreams of glory on tuesday mornings, and I got my ass dropped. Satisfaction in seeing the pack down to 25 or 30 probably helped my quittin' ways- "my job is done here,now back to the car", yada yada.

I shook it off and descended carefully, I have only rode this road once a year ago during a century with EMC, and that time I was full of Rice Krispie treats from the aid station at the county park, so my mind is foggy.

I rode solo, passing guys every few miles, until a group caught me on 84. I then rode with them until the hill, where I somehow found the ryhthm that I badly lacked during the last flailing up haskins, finishing in the forties somewhere.

Bobby and the Original Joe rocked em, snagging 3rd and 5th. Real bummer is a couple of fellas snuck off on the descent and were forgotten until the hilltop handshake. Next year I make it over the top and keep an eye on that shit for em'.

Tres Amigos was excellent as always, good food, great company, and lot's of smiles today!

5 comments:

Ron Castia said...

Don't forget El Presidente picked up a cash primie. Got my mind on my money and my money on my mind.

Gianni said...

Yah, I liked those prime results! I had no real idea where the prime was for us until I was riding over a line in the road.
Randy grabbed third in the 55+ as well- that's geezer power at it's best!

norcalcyclingnews.com said...

fun stuff.

definitely a course for the break-away, eh? and, like you said, definitely a course you can attack your way right out the backside of.

le ouch!

see you at the next one, gyanni!

Allison Krasnow said...

sorry we missed all the post-race burritoing. next time, eh?
great race.

diskzero said...

Man. Missed it this year. Last year we would work like crazy only to let the pace slack after the descent and 84. Probably won't be like that in the higher Cats.