Tuesday, June 20, 2006

A nice little break

was just what I needed.
I wasn't really overtrained or fried, but 3 days away from the bike have got me chompin' the bit, as well as keeping a little perspective in my world about what is most important.
We spent a couple days in LA after leaving Hell-uh, I mean the Antelope Valley. Hung out at my sisters' pool, ate well, and hit American Girl for a entire day. Merkeley Bike summed it up as "a perfect retail machine" and it did not disappoint. Very low-pressure, yet at the end, some 8 dollar hangers for doll clothes seem like a deal. I was prepared for this, and just bought my daughter whatever she wanted. In the end, it was much more fun this way for both of us, and she actually got some cute clothes to match her dolls. She had a fantastic time with her mom and her auntie, and my bro-in-law was a great sport about it all. Afternoon tea with the dolls was a little surreal, but she will only be this old for a blink of a eye, and then it will be onto new challenges for the both of us.
Back at it tommorrow...

3 comments:

Chico Cyclist said...

Dude, I like your "Dad" skills. Awesome.

Merkeley Bike said...

Hey G,

Glad to hear you were able to recharge the batteries!

I don't know how about AG is SmellA but in Chi town it is a frenzy of 5-12 girls. In addition to being a Marketing Machine it is one of the energy sinks that sucks the life force me.

Gianni said...

Perhaps because of the monday time slot with the LA schools still in, it was fairly calm.
Now the skate party last week, SO GLAD I missed that!