Saturday, December 27, 2008

Cupcakes And Nerf Darts

Cracked my noggin on a barrier, gave myself a two day headache.
Dodged the nerf dart machine gunners on the top deck
Wanted a cupcake feed but could not see...
Stayed on the gruppo while wigglin and swervin'
till I could see again.

The LARPD was lotsa fun this year, a definite change from the MTB courses I also like but don't really do well at, some tactics and some luck came into play as well as some fitness- those last two races with the back steps added in were hard and wasted me for the Sunday effort, but who cares.

Shane and his posse really worked hard this year to improve the racing experience and with some small sponsors and some more attendance this thing could hop.

If you haven't been since the VeloBob days with 3 small cones, one piece of caution tape and a old 2 x 8 staked up with concrete stakes, you should check it next year.
P.S.-
Oh yeah, I'm gonna pop the jersey a bit, first one I ever won with all the stud and studette athletes running around these parts, It may "only" be the LARP, but I'm still stoked.
Congrats to all the series champys!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet!! Congratulations! Two of our Mice also got those nice jerseys. I'm bummed I didn't make it out once. Remedy that next year.

Anonymous said...

I bet the view was glorious from that top step. Way to go, congrats!!

Gianni said...

Thanks you guys!

I hope to see you both racing soon!

Ron Castia said...

Rock on!!!!!