Thursday, August 07, 2008

shasta super summit 08


Not so many pictures this year

, but this one was fun, taken with the old momma earth behind me...

The name of the game was conserve and conserve some more, my two riding partners were much stronger climbers than me and I had to be OK with letting them go from time to time.....

If you think a Powertap is a lame deal- I knocked 40 minutes off this years' time compared to last years and came in 5 lbs heavier.

But I paced well and ate tons of endurolytes.

One more data geek #- 497 TSS points for this day alone.

Gotta train to be able to train.

Thanks to the wife, kid and dawg for handing up a couple bottles and stashing a cooler in the woods. I heard the cowbells!

4 comments:

Merkeley Bike said...

Nice job and welcome back. Hope you got a little R&R mixed in with that hard riding.

Manley Man said...

I've got to know more about how you got a ride with such a high TSS! I did the Santa Cruz Mountain Challenge a few weekends ago (100 miles, 11k of climbing) and only racked up a TSS of 380. It took me at least 4 days to recover.

Ron Castia said...

I don't know what TSS is. I tend to judge my fitness by the size of the gear I can single speed up Palomares Canyon on without throwing the back out.
46 x 17 gets one up the hill pretty quick.

Gianni said...

Man- I have no idea of how the algorithm is calculated, but my FTP is fairly close if not a bit ambitious.

I do ride a lot of tempo and all those climbs are long- like 14 miles apiece.

But yeah, a 350-380 would have kicked my ass a few months ago.

I still haven't really recovered from it yet, all week I had so-so workouts and backed off when I couldn't do the watts.

I'm trying to push the CTL up more but it's getting increasingly difficult for a working dad to find more time.

I've heard Santa Cruz is good.