Sunday, August 17, 2008

Middle Palisade

The walk in- you can see Middle Pal and Norman Clyde in the background
A closer view as we approached from the west side of Finger Lake- the glaciers are getting smaller every year.

Kyle ruminating on the value of a shortcut over the glacier while wearing approach shoes, hmmm.


The boys on the summit block, I was on the block to the north, I thought this was the summit till I climbed it and realized the south block was higher, oh well, a good place to shoot a few.


Kyle looking out north towards Norman Clyde and Polemonium and Sill in the background- I hope to go back for Poly and Sill next year.
Norman befits it's namesake and is a bad mo fo that is wayyy over my head.

A happy Seal. Dave handling it all with aplomb.
Bluebird weather, it was colder in the Bay Area tonight when I got home, just a sweet trip.











2 comments:

Allison Krasnow said...

spectacular photos. i am quite jealous at your ability to be a multi-sport athlete!

Gianni said...

Lots of fun, but my quads are torched today!

Not much of a rest week :-)

Looks like you two are having fun at the track!

J