Thursday, July 31, 2008

That's one old muh fuh

Damn this birthday I felt old- maybe it was the new drivers license and throwing the old one away with the picture from the Oakland DMV circa 1989, I'll have to white out some info and put em both up for perusal and some chuckles....

Anyway, I had a crap pre- birthday, 5 flats in a row and a wasted training day, never buy the skinny Velox tape, especially when your friend at the bike shop asks you if your sure you want that stuff, get the wide comfy shit, and don't spend your day in the sun patching things and calling the wife who's home sick to come rescue you....

I was so pissed I walked into the gym at work and just popped the bar up thinking there were only two wheels on each side, damn that's a bit much, but I got off three reps then the linebacking corps noted the extra dimes apiece, thats 245 cold off the street baby, not much to most but more than I've put up in a long long time, and yes, when your a old muh fuh, you have to be grateful and happy for small stoopid things at times.....

Anyhow, I got to sleep in the next morning after working late, and had myself a cool day where folks gave me lots of nice stuff, I got adjusted at the chiro, got some new rim strips and some general love, dropped off some vittles for the dudes that keep my pile of bikes rolling, and threw the track bike in the land barge for a night of this...



Superfast track action, good safe racing, Mike and I had a good time playing in the B's and Mike won, very cool, then we did the A/B points, where I rode majorly dumb and wasted tons of energy but stayed on, then mis-timed getting back onto the line which was hauling ass and got dropped, but it was all in good fun and I didn't kill anybody or myself, saw ton's of bloggers and old friends, got some good luck kisses from the missus who finally decided as nervous as she gets for me messing around down there in San Jose she would still come and support, and like I said I tried to not kill myself on her first visit and maybe she would like the picnic on the grass and the girls playing and it's all good.

Carrot Cake

Homemade Champagne and Grapefruit Sorbet

I really don't need to elaborate on that one, but wow and um, wow.

Oh, and maybe YUM.

Then a sleepover so the grownups could play house?

Very rare around here, it was like being on vacation already.

Sweet.

Now tommorrow we leave for some camping and fun, some crazy hillclimb on Saturday followed by this beast on Sunday.

Good times.


2 comments:

~ lauren said...

happy b-day

Groove Talking... said...

Happy Birthday Mr. G. Hope you and the family had fun in Shasta.