Sunday, July 13, 2008

A bike commuting route from San Francisco

Cyclists love maps.

Most runners like them too at first, but seem to feel getting lost is part of the journey. but they wear funny gaiters on their feet even in nice weather, soo.

I like figuring out new ways, even the new subdivisions out this way are putting in some nice roads- too bad there are more cars to go along with it, but.......

I have a coaching gig down at the Marina Green next weekend, my favorite newbie triathletes start a new class.

I need to do miles on miles right now, and am thinking about riding the train into the city early, doing the bike class, then riding south down the peninsula on Skyline and over the Dumbarton, then through Niles Canyon and home.

But I don't really know the peninsula, I go on rides once in a while over there, but am usually rather lost and have no idea about a cool way to get from the hills to the bridge.

Not even sure- looking at maps online if Skyline goes through or if it stops around the reservoir.

Hwy 1 I doubt is a good option, and riding through Hunters Point on my silly little bike sounds dumb too.

Any ideas?

J

4 comments:

~ lauren said...

i know the route from foster city to the dumbarton bridge - if you don't mind bike paths right next to the freeway.

i used to do it once a week when i worked down there.

not sure about the city to san mateo/foster city part though.

Anonymous said...

You think too much! Just ride, you'll make it home somehow.

Anonymous said...

It's all about the journey. Take the road less traveled

Gianni said...

I checked out the Valley Spokesmen site-

Tons of great routes in there, thanks, Lauren!

I like to wander, but more on a MTB.