Saturday, March 01, 2008

I think I have Trac Sac.

Took a few newbies to the track today, what a ball.

Big crowd and a mix of abilities, as usual.

Lots of pursuit and team sprint stuff today, with a couple of small scratch races thrown in, I think the pursuits are a bit safer with lots of people.

My favorite moment, seeing one of our new juniors completely grasp it and take second in the last Aussie pursuit that lasted a solid 10 laps.
Just sweet.

Apres-ride-
TJ's vegan trail mix cookies, a cup of black coffee, and Het Volk Omloop on the internet,
life is good,
Slipstream in the moves early, the boys are here to play and are rolling with some heavy hitters.

Gilbert showing some big stones and staying away for like 49k, the traffic furniture monsters that live in every town in europe got a few bites of spandex and collarbones down the gullet today, makes Merced look like cake, frankly.

Merco stories, please.

4 comments:

Ron Castia said...

I would like to hear all about it.
Bob and I are doing the goofy ride tomorrow...on the goofy bikes. Leaving pointy hats at home.

Gianni said...

Pointy hats on open public roads= just wrong on every count.

I'll be late for the goofy ride, leaving at 10 to let the wife go running,but will perhaps ride the goofy bike- unless Sierra Rd enters the mix.

Maybe see ya out there.

Anonymous said...

Great to see you guys yesterday! I stopped by the bike shop on the way home and am buying a Felt. I need my own bike to ride left turns all day long.

Gianni said...

Felts are nice, CLM!

I put a couple of nice ones on a watch list, but they are both 56's, and after riding a 56 yesterday, even though it is a very very nice 56, I think I want a 58 to stretch a bit more.

Kickass first pulls in the team sprint event, 3 times around without getting knocked out was cool!

J