Sunday, September 30, 2007

I wanna quit football and be a cheerleader...

And other stupid thoughts...

Be careful the tunes you listen to on the way home from a self-pummeling and major suckage-fest, they may have new meaning.

10 laps of pain on the plate today for me, after 2 I was hurting, after 5 I was whining about how I was really a B and how did they even let me into this stupid parade of idiocy and self flagellation, at 7 I really felt the spurtle and hairballs coming around, and hoped that my crank would come loose again so I had a good excuse to drop out and go eat meatballs, at 8 I relaxed and greeted the pain instead of fighting it, and somehow held my spot from then on.
Not like I got any faster, really, and by the end even the flattish stuff was leaving me gasping for precious O2, but everybody else hurt too, I guess.

Strawberries for the whole SS bunch today, only 6 of us lining up, and we all deserved em'.

Took Morgans advice and rode what was actually a very nice challenging course with barely any brakes, cool buffed out singletrack mostly and a doode could roll that stuff.

A month off, basically, is what it boiled down to, getting Lifed on.
A pretty important month from a training standpoint, being in a Base 3 kind of way, lots of tempo rides and interval sessions got missed, the stuff that lays a nice ground for the icing on the fitness, but hey, we can't control life sometimes and it's twists and turns, and I'm going to live with it and enjoy the day.
The fitness is sucking but the freshness is high, gotta figure out if I can roll a 3 week block or stay on schedule with a rest week.

Sounds like the Lion was a kick in the pants, I ended up working at the coaching biz a little and Working the See Jane Triathlon, doing some bike support and registration, fun seeing all the clients finish their goal race and talking to them afterwards you could feel the excitement, glad I was a little part of it.

Miz C and I were discussing the lack of spectators today for the A race in Salinas, folks, these are some seriously good athletes out there to watch, that hill was a great shady place to spectate and wipe the grovel off the ground.
I've seen more spectators at a Earlybird Criterium,hmmm..

Nice fall weather right now, so get out and ride!
Horse-traded my old crosser to a teamie today, put the Burley on the Craigs List, making some room in the garage and trying to get my hands on some nice race wheels before the season is done.
Hope your all well and enuff blather from me...

7 comments:

Ron Castia said...

We should have gone South with you.

Johnny GoFast said...

Oh the sweet pain of cross. Not sure anyone not racing on the front doesn't at some point question whether the pain would be less in the b's. Having race both this past weekend, it hurts no matter what so enjoy.

Gianni said...

Nome, you shoulda. That 1:15 start is very civilized and agrees with my rock'n'roll lifestyle.
JS, your a bad doode for doing the double.I rolled like that last year and it's fantastic from a training standpoint early onin the season.
There was no way I could have done that hill 17 times, though.
Cesar did and won the second race, so I guess I have my homework assignment all cut out for me.
I'm rolling a better gear, now. The 42 is sensible, and I'm getting a 42 1/8 chainring this week, so the whole system will be 1/8.
Then I can finally use my 20 rear cog on tuff hills like the one Sunday.
Not too many courses with a steep rideable hill like this one, very mountain bikey. No need to pedal really for several minutes on the down.
Blather Blather......

Ron Castia said...

I don't know about you JS, but the pain is the same for me in both, I am all out in both races.

Gianni, T and I will be at Super and CCCX. No NCNCA series for 35 Bs.

~ lauren said...

mechanicals right before the race? is that what you were saying as you were racing to get up to the start from your car?

we shoulda stayed. i wanted to. i hate jumping back into the car right after i race.

that's part of the whole thing, hanging around afterwards.

but we had such whiny kids yesterday...

Gianni said...

LAuren, yah, my crankset was misbehaving.
Unfortunaely, it refused to screw up again when I most needed it to...
And those sundaes did look good!

Ron Castia said...

Results have you as 4th.

NICE!