Friday, September 14, 2007

Fight Club



When a easy day at the bmx park goes bad.....

A moment of inattention on a set of whoops with the cross bike sure put a whooping on me.

Ask Nome, this was after the cleanup.

Funny tape action is trying to hold my inner lip in one piece till it can heal, damn thing looks like a Mubungi tribesman coming of age ritual gona horribly wrong.

I thought it wasn't all that bad, rode home, scaring little children and the odd tweaking speed freak on Santa Rita.

I saw the inside of my lip and figured I better go see the doc for a stitch or two, but no stitches due to the location inside the mouth. They did freak a little about the neck pain and insisted on a neck collar and a few X-rays to make sure nothing fractured in there, all good. BTW, I bitched about it long and hard and didn't want to go through all that, but if you have the insurance, get a picture if you land on your neck or head. I thanked the doc afterwards for talking me into it.

No clinic for me tommorrow, the new barriers sit all lonesome-like in the garage.

Fookin' Livermore dirt is HAAARD, folks, have a good race this weekend and be safe.

14 comments:

Ron Castia said...

Holy Shinola Spiderman!
That didn't look anywhere that bad when were headed back home.

I thinks Mrs. C might have taken a couple swipes before sending you to Kaiser. Either that or you took one last spill after I peeled off.

PAB(a.k.a.CID) said...

aw man, not you too!?

heal quick bro.

Gianni said...

Thanks, fellas.
What a moronic crash.

Searching for Brave Soldier now.....

X Bunny said...

ouchiehuahua!

heal fast (luckily mouths do)1

Merkeley Bike said...

Owchihuahua....that looks painful!

Heal fast. Glad to hear there weren't any broken bones.

Gianni said...

Oh Brother Where Art Thou is funnier every time I watch it.
Unfortunately I don't think I'm supposed to laugh for a day or so.
Yellowstone special I tivoed next.
USPRO Champyships I watched last night, The difference between the PROCRit-tour fellas and the domestics was a jaw-dropping gap.
WOW.
TV is disgusting and will rot yer mind.
Tommorrow football is on though?
Oatmeal and smoothies are not footballfood.

Merkeley Bike said...

Can you put nachos in a blender?

Glad there was no dental damage either. Gawd that's an ugly photo. Ali's gonna freak when she sees it.

Talk to you soon.
m

Allison Krasnow said...

I didn't freak out. Mike (with good reason) thinks all medical stuff freaks me out. BUT, it's only MY OWN medical stuff which causes all sorts of panic. But enough about me.

Couldn't you have found a better way to get out of teaching the cross-clinic? I mean seriously, we would have understood if you had simply cancelled it.

Hang in there, buddy. You've got far more going on at the moment than anyone deserves.

Johnny GoFast said...

Sorry to hear about your fall. Heal fast.

Gianni said...

Women are always tougher than men about blood and such.
I know more than one guy that couldn't stay in a delivery room....
I think the more one is around bike racing the more one just looks for napkins in the porta-potty for his buddy.....

Ron Castia said...

Now I am just rolling.
I am glad the ground didn't knock the sense of humor out of you.

Yes, my contribution to the medical industry...hunting down napkin from the porta-potty.

And fixing your glasses so you didn't scare too many school children while we limped home.

~ lauren said...

good god!

you look like you were in a bar fight or something.

hope the healing goes well.

norcalcyclingnews.com said...

crickey...

get well, hardman.

Ron Castia said...

Time for a photo update, it doesn't look anywhere near that bad anymore.