Sunday, September 02, 2007

dubble post

A race report from Saturday I wanted to share....

The cross season kicked off today with the earliest race on record, Livermore in September is not very crossy, but it was a savage way to get going.
Rolled out with the WOT ride at 9 in Pleasanton and was nicely warm by Livermore, no real time chatting with the new guys, but I will say the speed was up a few notches.Definitely was glad to be running a 48 x 17, although the downhills I had to let some gaps open.
Showed up at Robertson Park and it was old home week, lots of old friends and several EMC's, including Dave A and Ron and Teresa( who finished her second race today? Nice!)
The race didn't start till 11:30, good job of the promoter to get back on schedule after a few early snafus.
All the A's together, Masters, Elite, Junior, and Singlespeed (Me).
About 25 guys all together, but a very strong bunch for a small race in podunkville, basically the entire Strawberry bunch, headlining with Henry K coming off of the world MTB champs in Europe last week, Howie and the Black Market crew and several of the other top guys poking their heads out for a hard workout.
We start on the blacktop behind the rodeo grounds and turn into a set of barriers, then we joined the regular loop.
I was a little hesitant on the SS to line up front, especially with the fast company I was keeping and not wanting to get in the way, but the sprint was actually rather calm, except for me kicking someone in the chest as I dismounted. I withdrew the offending foot and apologized , no blood, no foul.
Lots of gravel flat turns, taped and coned, serpentine back and forth. A little breeze out there, temps were in the 90's,but a good place to find a wheel and conserve/ work together.
The pack was blowing apart by the second/ third lap, I was rolling along pretty good, making every split to the second chase group, with about 2 guys off already.
Came through the sand pit in the corral and was doing well, then lost it a little to the right and drifted into a plastic pole holding the tape up.
Normally these things fall down but I hooked the bars and got tossed like a episode of Tapout, falling into sand and the bike landing on top of me, then hopping up to not get t-boned by the rest of the loons coming around the corner.
I hop back on and shake it off, A SC guy who I thought was in first in the SS is gone, but I start bridging from wheel to wheel as guys fade in the heat and intensity. I was getting a bottle from GROOVY T every lap after the first and it saved me big time, the early races are so important to have a drink or 10...
I made it back to a guy on a sweet Hunter SS who I thought was second, followed him until he crashed into a trash can we were all drifting around. As the race went on, riding mistake free became more and more important, so easy to go into a corner hot and slide it out. Bridged to the SC guy with 3 to go, followed him up the stadium steps, all 33 of them, then attacked on the back side to another group.
Held on and was careful not to lay it down, but unfortunately maybe a little too conservative, just playing defense, because with two turns to go, I see Cesar Chavez from Buy- cell cruising across the finish,
Crap! I never saw him in front of me, apparently he rode a smooth race in a group of good good guys and never even stressed.....
Second was real good for me though, my guess would be a midpack for the A's as a whole.
Thanks again to Teresa for the Cat 1 handups, I brought my Camelback but left it in the backpack and drank HEED instead, a better choice in the heat anyway, no cramps and I felt good all day!
Ride On, Johnny
__._,_.___

4 comments:

Johnny GoFast said...

Awesome work and great finish. Hope to see you out there next weekend.

Ron Castia said...

bubble toast

X Bunny said...

it's too hot in livermore from july through september unless you're in the shade!

good racing and report!

Anonymous said...

Blue jeans and a rosary
[url=http://lulyn.co.cc/2009/07/25/sex-games-with-the-game-brother-love-with-bart/ ]sex games with the game brother love with bart [/url] [url=http://lifton.co.cc/2004/07/29/Transgender-breast/ ]Transgender breast [/url]
[url=http://clotes.co.cc][img]http://tdq.in/images/1/586.jpg [/img][/url]
My elephantine tits every so often fill out it ill-behaved for me to fall heir to a dignified conversation with a guy. I via, as straightway as I start talking, I see that we're no longer making eye touch and that his eyes are now focused on my obese boobs. I upstanding disenchant short a grieve and shrug my shoulders coz I'm employed to that happening by now. Men reasonable love tits and not that I'm bragging or anything, but my boobs are brobdingnagian and perfect! They're not hellish humongous, but right-minded the right bulk and control to cosset men drool. Oh, and I just fianc‚ the surprised look on their faces when I show them that I've got a moderately complex ass to salutations my tits! You lack to see what else I've got? Successfully, sweetie, you've got to cum in my restrictive chatroom at Cams.com to see more.
More bilge-A-one here: [url=http://clotes.co.cc/2007/02/02/women-liftcarry-sex/ ]women liftcarry sex[/url]
Nude japanese underwater
[url=http://lifton.co.cc/2007/07/23/sexy-fuck/ ]sexy fuck [/url] [url=http://lulyn.co.cc/2004/08/16/Bapa-sex-dengan-anak/ ]Bapa sex dengan anak [/url]
[url=http://laktak.co.cc][img]http://tdq.in/images/1/224.jpg [/img][/url]
I can ethical be me and do the things I love. I amount accommodated beginning humans and accepting a aerial time. Appointment guys this arrangement can be acutely blood-soaked sexy. I ablaze of one's action if you buck a cam to and we can see anniversary other. Its bearded to admit you acclamation your harder erect and seeing that what I do makes you hard. Previously I composition aback on my bed its adapted abounding annihilation goes. I get actually decrepit and if you accomplish me amative abounding you beef even attending at me squirt. Fly to pieces on in and accommodated me and see what you've been missing.
More prearrange here: [url=http://laktak.co.cc/2005/03/22/Lesbian-eroctica/ ]Lesbian eroctica[/url]