Sunday, April 01, 2007

All the things I meant to do.....

Are getting done now and it feels great!

I finished the walkway in the front in September, and just now in April got in all the landscape, a couple of nice trees, some sage, lavender and rosemary, looks good and will look better in a year or so, now for some lighting and color and we'll be good.

Went for a nice 2 hour run in Tilden with Miz C on Friday and still my old bones ache, even with jogging slowly. Stuff I stay away from in the bike racing season, the slow trail runs really slow my slow self down, but the views of both Suisun and S.F. bays were beautiful. When I tore my ankle up in 2002 I was training for a 50 miler up on this ridge and used to run a different section every wednesday, but never really checked out the area down in Tilden, but really nice running, a couple thousand of climbing in 8 miles or so, but smooth and shady.

Heading out this afternoon for a MTB cruise with the Seal after he returns from his morning bay swim, nice and easy for the both of us, but my attention is beginning to focus on this now.
We have the Chico , Kareem, the Seal, Big Jimmy V, and myself going again in June.
Shifting the focus to giving back a bit and it's good.
I'll be revving the fundraising engine back up soon, we got a matching sponsor for this years' contributions and I really really want to get them to write a big check :-)

Anyhow, the race reports sound fun and all, but I see nothing I want to train for for months now except for some loony century the Nome wants to do, but it's good to not have to train right now and stay unstructured for a bit.
Back to the home improvement store....

3 comments:

Johnny GoFast said...

Running? Are you mad? I don't think I could even run for my life anymore. Let me know when you are taking donations and how to give. I can throw you some cash. That 24 hour racing is fun...sort of. Those warmups for the 3am lap are kind of a head scratcher. Luckily, by the time the body realizes what the hell is going on, the race is over.

Ron Castia said...

That little Loonie Century is just a training ride for this Mother:
http://www.lotojaclassic.com/

I signed up today. First in line for that heaping plate of pain.

Gianni said...

JS- The 3am double lap with the sun rising in the second one-
that's my shift, babay!
Lotoja- you and Yoda are climbers, dude!
Real climber- types!

Gravity is not my friend!