Saturday, December 30, 2006

turkey balls


Five and a half hours is way too long for a ride in December for a Cat 4.


At least I felt that way at hour four and a half.


I wish I had that moment of clarity before I said yes to Sierra Road.


Multiple self- face-punching ensued.
And now I am completely vacant.


But I came home to an empty house.


With a empty couch.


And leftover spaghetti and meatballs in the fridge.


When I put them in some tupperware and hid them in the back shelf last night I had a feeling they would come in useful.


And Bruce Aidell is a genius making those little turkey balls.


Yes I said turkey balls.
And it's all good.

6 comments:

~ lauren said...

i love that! empty houses after rides...

hiding the good food in the back of the fridge for after ride hungries.

i'm going to start doing that.

Gianni said...

I've got one piece of Zacks with my name on it for tommorrow.
It's always better the second day.

diskzero said...

5 1/2 hours as a Cat. 4 in December means Cat. 3 in July.

Ron Castia said...

Homeboys gonna be a Cat 3 by March, ain't gonna be squat anyone will be able to do but watch from a safe distance.

X Bunny said...

hiding food

you've crossed over to the dark side....

Gianni said...

Lauren and Xbun-

The Zacks was better today.

We all compete for the food bowl around here, and Lord help you if you ate the hungry cyclists/runners/ swimmers/soccer players stash before they get to it.

Disk and Maynard- no rush on the upgrade. I still have tons to learn about racing and tactics,especially at the next level.
Just dipping my toe in the water this winter in the a's has shown me how much work I have to do to even be a bit player.