Thursday, December 21, 2006

Tag-it

Ok, X-bun, I'll play along.
Waiting to get tagged, kind of a mind game with oneself. I was waiting to get tagged somewhere else, and it didn't happen, then I hit the bloggo button, and there ya go. Better for it to come out of the blue, like this.
Chain letters always stop with me.I give their weak karma no love. But a game is always fun.
I'm way more boring than I would like to let on, but a few bits of useless trivia...
1- I once popped a wheelie and had my front wheel fly off. Those who have seen my wrenching skills understand. I would like to tell you I rode it forever like Dave Mirra and was cool, but I ate shit in front of my house and nutted myself something fierce.

2- I once freed a whale shark from a fishing line in the Gulf Of Alaska by cutting it, unlooping it from the sharks tail, and retying it to get my halibut on the other end.
The shark was as long as our 32 foot wooden boat, and placidly floated next to us, easily swaying his tail, till I could get him free.

3- My dad once built a cover over our swimming pool out of 2 x 4's and 8 mil clear plastic so we could swim all winter in Stockton. I loved it, even though it stunk of chlorine gas and was mildewing the adjacent house like crazy.
It was destroyed when my buddies and I started climbing up outside in February and dropping through the hole we made in the top. A couple holes and a winter storm shredded it good.
We left the skeleton up for two more years, though.

4-Destroying a whole box of Honey nut Cheerios while watching gangster movies always cures me of a bad day.

5-My nickname is the first one I have ever had that had nothing to do with my last name. I also had nothing to do with picking it, which is probably why it stuck.

Tagging?
Try Velojuicy, JohnnyJohnnyGo Go, and a two-fer with Merkle and Alicat, as well as The Chap-man, (I enjoy the sckribblins as much as the course designs...)

9 comments:

Johnny GoFast said...

Okay, I'm stuck with this tagging thing. How do you link someone by doing the name in a special color and then when you click it, it takes you to their site? Example-you put me in blue under the heading johnnyjohnnygogo. Want to continue the tag action but want to do it all cool like.

sincerely,
Helpless in Blogland

norcalcyclingnews.com said...

whale rider

X Bunny said...

the shark story was cool

but, you only tagged 4 people

your work is not done

Gianni said...

JS- I highlight the text, then click on the link button (looks like a chain), then paste their URL into the pop-up.
I saw you can change text color as well, but I'm too lazy for that.
OV- one of my favorite movies.
Girly empowerment= cool.
And those Maori chants, I'd like to do that across the office park a few times this year at the friendly rivals...badass.

Gianni said...

XB- my math skills have always been suspect :-)

Johnny GoFast said...

Thanks dude. I was able to due the linkage thing. I could never figure out what that icon was. Thought it looked like a bull. I scored the goal, but you're on the stat sheet with a very big assist. Thanks again.

Groove Talking... said...

gangster movies?

that makes nome feel better too, except he plays gangster on the xbox.

Ron Castia said...

There some killin that needs to be done!

Ron Castia said...

NO, Gianni has it straight, he slapped a double whammy on Merkely and Ali-cat. One blog, two writers.

NICE!