Saturday, December 16, 2006

The beatings will continue until morale improves

At 1:30 today I was ready to sell every goddamn bike in the garage.

At 2:30 I was done with the season and on my way to the pie store.

By 4 I was a little shellshocked and resigned to racing in the B's

At 5:30 I ordered a salad and knew it wasn't over yet.

I couldn't have been stomped by a bunch of nicer guys.

And stomped I was, in the cold wastelands of Live-no-more.

The corral mud was sandy and turned my bike into a singlespeed.

The problem was it kept changing it's mind which speed.

Running it lost gobs of time.

And riding it had many a problem with the hidden log at the far end.

The stairs were the stairs, they are never easy, especially in the seventh lap.

Jimmy rode a great race in the C's.

And fed me excellente.

Bike changes- next year a necessity by December.

I'm thinking the interval work needs a redo- TP has me doing these 10 minute efforts, and I never have had that good snappy feeling this year.
Scientific term for suckage= no snappy feeling.
New word as well for suckage= fracklin'
As in- I was fracklin' my ass off from the second lap on.
Anyhow, I'm gonna try some more VO2 max short style stuff, maybe less fracklin and more pop.
Ridin' tommorrow, baby!

6 comments:

X Bunny said...

at least you are out there racing

the rest of us are home on our couches

i had my off season this week....when is yours?

norcalcyclingnews.com said...

gianni doesn't have an off-season.


he just eats less raw meat for a couple days a year.

Ron Castia said...

There are seasons?

Gianni said...

Cross- way more fun than a rainy office park in January.

I keep revising my plan. I'm thinking of keeping on until my mind and body agree on a TO.
The couch sounds nice though.

As does raw meat.

Ron Castia said...

Hey, all my rowdy friends are out of town this week. I have nobody to hammer with and I am really enjoying this leap that I made (SRAM rocks).

Can I am come out and play with the Sporties?

Gianni said...

It would be great to get you out there.
Mentoring is a pay it forward type of activity...