Sunday, April 30, 2006



So for the first time in months I had no race this weekend and was able to get out for a long training ride on Mines Rd. PRobably my favorite road in the east bay, long climbs, deserted, pretty flowers. Just kickass training. Got 6 buddies to join me, we had the sopro look goin' on as we rolled out of live-no-more.

Mines was beautiful, much nicer than the last time that Brother Maynard and I abused ourselves on it.It also started to take it's toll of undertrained crit-dwellers. Monster was drillin it with these evil little jumps all day long, sending several participants to the Junction for rootbeer floats. Mostly,the top picture was my view of Mo today......

Ended up with 91 miles on the computer, lot's of tempo on the climbs. Lot's of long climbs are good for ya, especially if yer dumb enuff to go all the way to Oregon to get spanked by psychogeezers in 2 months.

Big props to the sport dudes, those rides will pay off down the road, and the company was awesome!

4 comments:

Chico Cyclist said...

Dude, I'm jealous.....wish we could ride more often....

Gianni said...

You rocked the downhills on the Casati like nobodys' business!
See you guys soon!

Dr. Xeno said...

Ok, it's wednesday. My legs are moving again and got to ride early this AM; yesterday's AM recovery ride was ridiculously slow. Feelin' like I added something though!

diskzero said...

Teach the crit experts a lesson!

I was on Mines Saturday. Love it. Way more fun on a bike than a motorcycle.