Sunday, October 12, 2008

Six Dollar Burgers and Carrot Cake

Had to treat myself a bit after a very tough race at Laguna Seca.

200 feet of climbing per lap- 10 laps- 2k in a hour.

Mentally tough to get up for it, that was more than half the battle knowing how much it would hurt, how quickly it would blow apart, a long trip to negative town starting on Saturday night, but I decided while riding around with J to ride my ride, do my thing and not trip out too much.......

Double to 3x the field size today in the single speed, folks coming out of the woodwork to get a piece of that NCNCA pie, I guess.

Some new challengers and some real talent put the hammer to lots of guys but in the end the Buy Cell Duo came real close to going one two again, to only be bested by a young pro mtn bike stud- serious power to weight ratios on display today, folks.

My personal highlight was getting the holeshot to the first climb- I muttered to someone as I rolled by to grab a picture, cause you don't often see me on the front front of one of these affairs.

The hill played havoc with me as well as everyone else and by the 3rd lap I was almost falling off my bike at the top barrier, then struggling with the idea of re clipping for a few moments while bouncing down the other side, not pretty and I probably gave up a minute if you added it up right there.

Anyhow, I did have fun , if your not having a good time you should look at yourself in the mirror some, cause we are all amateurs out there when it's said and done.

I saw cupcakes out there, but never saw the source, or I would have grabbed one.
Tecate feeds don't appeal to me, but I saw that too and appreciate the idea.
I heart the cross crowd oh so much, awwww.

And that cow was good good good after, I rode yesterday with a vegan and watched her turn down Cheese Board Pizza,
AAAAAGH,
vegans can type comments and break it down to your hearts content, I understand personal choice and all and thats' great, but 2k worth of eyeball-popping 42 x 18 pukervals was definitely deserving of some cow and bacon.

YUM

4 comments:

Johnny GoFast said...

Thanks for the cheer yesterday. I think all I could mutter was a very strained grunt. But if that grunt could have talked, it would have said..."ain't no way I'd ride this course on a single speed. DeFibre must have been in a real bad mood when he designed this fukker and he was especially pissed at the 1 by bretheren. No thanks but good luck to you." If my grunt could have talked at the moment I saw you. Anyway, great ride and report.

~ lauren said...

tecate feeds were the only thing that kept me going on that hill every lap.

Gianni said...

You both were working soooooo hard out there on that hill, get down!

The sufferfaces were in every group and wow, what a course.

Whne I pre-rode it 35 plus guys were suffering like dogs with a 46 x 25 going up that thing- so I figured it would hurt no matter what gear I stuck on it, but I should have listened to Morgan and gone with my 20 tooth cog- cause I could barely turn the pedals by the last lap.

I loved the atmosphere out there though, cross is gonna be hopping this year!

Ron Castia said...

The Golden Star didn't sit so well with me. Felt sort of icky when we rolled into the Vale Court.

Good fun on the course though.