Monday, September 15, 2008

LARPD 2 - the heatwave subsides

Much nicer weather this week in Livermore, the fall is my favorite time to ride.

I'm doing some hard blocks now and had my own little stage race with motorpacing Friday, racing Saturday in Livermore, and a hilly 3 hours and change on Sunday involving Sierra Road.

I barely got a blip up in the CTL from all that, though, stuck on the plateau and no matter how hard I hit it I'm kind of treading water fitness wise.

Anyway it's all good and any excuse to ride a bike, no?

A couple tidbits from the weekend-

I can't seem to willingly hit the roller on the motorcycle, I get close but chicken out a bit. I'll bet the next time I do, though.

Cesar is still the big Rott on the porch, I hung for 5 laps and screwed up a corner and away he went with one other guy.
Nice riding on his part with lot's of corner accelerations, slowly broke a couple of us down.
Silver lining the gap never went out of control beyond a minute or so and the only guy that lapped me was AJM on the last lap, that guy is flying already, where you gotta slow down and watch the riding from across the lawn it's so sweet :-)

Great seeing new riders coming out and sampling the racing, I saw some big smiles and some tuff scrapes from the Livermore gravel, good stuff.

Happy Fall!

1 comment:

Johnny GoFast said...

Hangin' with the dawg on a hard training block...somebody is due to explode up a level or three come dial back time. Good on you. Looking to dust off the crosser this weekend at CCCX. Maybe I'll see you down that way.