Friday, September 19, 2008

Cyclocross Thoughts-

A e-mail sent to me from Jimbo- the boy draws a interesting parallel-

"You know I think the Catholics invented Cyclocross, never spending much time really seated always changing your position
it's all about the suffering and it's usually done on a Sunday."

I think some Jim Carroll may be appropriate for tommorrow's ride........

Sunday I join the Tubular Nation, not just for euro- cool dudes anymore I guess and the craze has filtered down to lil' old me, running Tufo Flexus on some NOS Wolber semi- deeps laced to WTB singlespeed hubs.

Let us pray for no flats, my friend.

You will not see these at old abandoned dumpsite races, I promise you.

The happy trails call, but how cool is it that there are THREE great races on Sunday- CCCX, Chicofest 2008, and Ride The World Cups down at Hellyer.
Fall cycling- just too cool.

4 comments:

clm said...

And if you plan ahead, you can make it to at least 2 of them! See you in Monterrey?

Gianni said...

I actually had that crazy idea, but only for a minute or so :-)

Singlespeed race starts at 1:30, so no RTWC for me this time.

See ya in the Fort tommorrow.

russellp said...

Where's the tubular report? Forgot to ask while contemplating my latest mechanical screwup.

Gianni said...

I think the flexus could have been pushed harder than I was willing or able to yesterday- those things ride like smooth balloons!

I ran 45 psi yesterday, I'm weighing in at around 182 these days and a complete hack on the bike.

Those boys all rode a really hard race, I'm trashed today.

More reportage coming.....

Your a stud tearing chainrings off!

J