Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Mr. Brightsides

Wednesday and it's time to put the cry- towel away.

Sundays' disappointments and mucho suckage fade over time,
replaced by a hopeful salvaging of some good patches.

So I'll ignore the tactical errors, the big sprint for the holeshot to nowheresville, and the barrier faux pas on the first lap( sorry Tim), cause who wants to cry anyway?

Sand. Technical turns. My nemesis.

I swapped my tires out for some Cross- Wolfs, and had a pretty good race for me and my level of ability.
Rode the long sandy descent well most of the times, stayed nice and loose, there were a couple of laps in the middle to end where my arms were filling up with lactic acid and other nasty byproducts of hammering and I got tight and tried to muscle it.

And you can't muscle sand, baby.

But considering I would be running that section last year I'm happy with my ride there.

I rode the swoopies fairly well, though the gear choice for me was a little tall still and I had problems jumping out of the corners.

The singlespeedin' is a blast, but figuring out the perfect gear for the cause?
I'm a little ways off.
Thet course for me was a 42 x 18, and I stuck with a 17.

I got dropped every time in the corners and the one punchy hill by guys spinning a little more.
Every lap.

Listening to my instincts would have paid off big time Sunday. Trusting the instinct is key.

Districts is Saturday and I hope it rains like hell. I hope the corral is under water by Friday afternoon.

CCCP on Sunday- I'm coming out for this one, the only BASP race venue I really like.

More sand.Lots of sand.

It finally seems like cross season.

4 comments:

~ lauren said...

that's what's so nice about cross - you kinda forget how bad it was by wednesday and by thursday you're kinda ready to go again.

Ron Castia said...

I think Gianni is over due for a true rest week.
Dr. Nome suggests nor workouts for 2 days, lots of stretching massaging.
1 hour easy spin Wednesday, no stupid stuff, just flat cruise and look at the trees.
Thursday 1.5 hour endurance recovery ride.
Friday 1 hour endurance recovery.
Saturday 2.5 hour mostly endurance recovery with some 3 to 5 minute hard pace efforts to open the legs up for Sunday's race.

Gianni said...

I was thinking about quitting.

And I swung my dad's golf clubs today, just to see if they fit.

Sigh.

Ron Castia said...

Get back on the Race Caps!
Pronto!