Sunday, December 23, 2007

break it down- tale of the tape



Easy to see where my season fell apart, the months of September and October are particularly bad from a training time perspective.

For me, a very average athlete I have always done best around 15 hours a week.

I typically set my hours a little low and then try to exceed them( gives me a reachable goal), but I've had trouble even making these conservative numbers this year :-(

Typical masters racer, too much life getting in the way, it's important to realize this stuff doesn't pay the bills.

Looking at the big picture, I hopefully will complete the entire CCCX series this year, that's a first.

I definitely improved my technical skills some this year, the sand no longer fills my heart with dread...

I figured out a few things that work for me on the singlespeeder and will have some sweet sew-ups and race wheels for it next year.

My running got much better, as I ran up the steps at Live-no-more for the ninth time Saturday,I realized I used to always be walking by the fourth lap.

Small victories are still good un's.

Perhaps this influenced my state of mind as I had a good time on Saturday even as I got last place in the A's.

I could have gotten second to last but after sitting on a A40 guys' wheel for like 4 laps I felt it was only right to help him get to the next guy up the line( ended up incinerating myself and getting dropped off, but what the hey, papa didn't raise no punk), a small field all together, A's, SS, Masters A, and junior A.

3 crashes/ wild moments kept things interesting, I tried to avoid the mayhem and stay in a group, this course will punish the man that goes it alone, especially on the big backside.

Props to Shane and his crew for a great local series, making the rodeo grounds SO much better than I expected.

Peace To All,

J