Tuesday, June 05, 2007

It is what it is....


The good - The EMC crit came off relatively well. Our (4th?) year and this one was the best, the new pavement and opening up the course really showed itself to be a positive, we were a little worried about people forgetting to turn right every once in a while and protecting a whole other side of a course gave us chills, but except for a couple of bonehead moves, the races looked good.


One of the interesting things about setting up a course is anticipating the lines taken by the beginning classes and then realizing that hay bale won't do any good at all when the pack goes to the complete other side of the course to give their buddies the gutter, yum yum .


Almost got me fired up about racing seeing all that suffering, good thing Yoda and Nome took me out to mines road the day before and thrashed me thouroughly, keeping me out of trubble.


Some family health issues have me spending time in hospitals lately visiting folks and my heart isn't in it yet, more than a little preoccupied with things.

This is a hard ass sport and way of life and when I can't focus 100% ?

It feels like a waste to be signing up.

So I go and train and some days are good, this morning was the first set of intervals for the new season, just some tempo work while heading into work on the crosser, backpack and all, with the Rage Against The Machine Live at The Olympic pouring into my soul, and I forget about the bullshit of life for a while and we are good today and the hemoglobin counts are up and that's what matters.


This weekend is the 24 hour race, we have raised 2100 bucks so far for ALS research, thanks to all the bloggers that contributed, you folks are really fantastic, here is a link to the donation page if you like, we should have some nice pics up soon, camping, racing, buddies, a good cause...

good stuff, all of it.


J

7 comments:

Allison Krasnow said...

i hope your mom is on the mend.
tell chris thanks for the jamba for little m on sunday.

X Bunny said...

migo apologizes again for peeing on your chair

Anonymous said...

I hope that everything is better for you and your family!!!

Have fun this weekend...

~ lauren said...

hey J, good luck this weekend!

we'll see you out there. we're in the C section in site 11.

look for the pack of wild little kids running around.

Gianni said...

Ali and LPL- thanks, she sounds better, like some progress was made today..

XB- me and Migo are good. My male will pee on other dogs just to say hi :-)

LAuren- I hope to see you down there. More drama this afternoon.... arggh.

Ron Castia said...

REPORT!!!

I want to see the jerseys too.

Chico Cyclist said...

Man, what a race - my body, and my bike, are still in recovery mode.....and we hardly got to ride! Think I picked up some poison oak along the way while running to checkpoint #2 on Lap 1. It was so brutal, yet, I can't wait to do it again. Thank you for everything Gianni - you kicked butt out there!!!