Monday, May 28, 2007

shut yer mouth when yer talkin to me....

As a recent Cat 4 exile, I found this comment by D. D. in cycling news rather interesting...
""It's not that I refuse it," said Di Luca, referring to his lack of an ear piece which many riders in the modern peloton cannot function without. "But after a little while it gives me troubles in my head. In fact, I've had to use my mind instead of just listening to the instructions given by the director. I'm convinced it has helped me improve to the level where I am now. I know what I have to do."

The thinking is the hardest part......

3 comments:

Chico Cyclist said...

Yeah, it sure is.....especially when you're in oxygen debt!

Johnny GoFast said...

I once caught myself thinking I was thinking during a bike race only to realize that I was in oxygen debt and that my mind was only wandering. The earpiece would suit me well.

Ron Castia said...

I caught myself thinking once, I added a little more caffeine and the problem went right away.