Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Commuter Blues



The best part of my day today, and it was not a nice day, full of hard feelings and ditchdigger bitchiness, was passing the half-mile of cars on the boulevard while the Musical Youth broke out in some "pass the dutchie".

The wind became my friend again.

I started to gutter imaginary foes on the Iron Horse Trail while peeking over my backpack.

I tucked my headlamp away, the one that makes people smile in their cars cuz I'm such a DAMN GEEK riding around with a headlamp, like Rick Moranis in Honey I Shrunk The Kids.

I hit the freeway bridge where the trail ends and I psuedo-crawl to the Pleasanton side under the ramps, but not before hitting the first full speed/ braking with the back wheel while threading the needle with the right foot/ grabbing the top tube/ dismount of 2007 and tossing that bad boy on my shoulder.

Geek-a-Rama.

Them cars can kiss my ass, though.

3 comments:

norcalcyclingnews.com said...

word, baby.


word.

Unknown said...

Throws up the virtual high five for Musical Youth and the bike commute. I think I'll listen to the Mighty Diamonds version right now. Pass the kouchie on the left hand side.

Johnny GoFast said...

Nice dismount, how'd the remount go? With a little rust on the form, that's the one that can do the damage.