Sunday, June 17, 2007

The Devil never changes


A good weeekend on two wheels, four of the Spidey force on the group ride doing Diablo x 4.
Well, only one of us made 4 times(and can ya guess who that wuz) but the majority got up a few times before turning the rigs for home..
A green smoothie and a long nap and I pummelled myself again today on the MTB for a couple with the Xterra crowd, bastards are sucking me in :-)
The deal with the devil..... free lanes at my favorite pool if I coach a little.....
Getting a few bucks to run some running workouts already... good for cross anyhow.
Place to stay in Kings' beach.
MTB skills are half ass good right now.
Dusty wetsuit looking at me on the shelf....
MMMMMM
PR the first time up Diablo Saturday, took 4 minutes off the best at tempo/ threshold all the way.
Biig confidence builder for CTK, that is one bad mama jamma, and this boy don't go uphill too good :-)
Compact crank is going on this week, hopefully that will save my bacon.......

10 comments:

Ron Castia said...

Spinny spin.

BTW: That little JAMF ride that da Back Cracker goes on is pretty comical. Goofballs out there on $1,500 wheelsets and get dropped by a $1,500 tandem being powered by a housewife stoker and Devilishly tired captain.

A friend was pouring at the Retzlaff satellite store on Railroad. We got the buddy deal...nice fathers day for sure!

Gianni said...

I told you man.....

One would need a glass of wine after that ride.....

The dirt wuz nice!

Anonymous said...

C2K will be fun times for sure.

Go compact and enjoy the rest stops.

After that just get it done and we can all sit at the BBQ dinner and lie about our day :)

MS

Gianni said...

BBQ- now we're talkin'!

J

EB said...

Got my new bike with a compact crank sitting in the spare room, just have to get the seatpost cut shorter (sigh) and the steertube whittled away a bit...I can't wait to give it a go.

Gianni said...

I always wanted to try one, especially for training in the hills.

A guy on craigslist wanted a 650 carbon fork(threaded, no less) in trade for a new Ritchey compact.

The deal was so good I threw in a 650 open pro training wheel.

Both of us were pleased, the best kind of CL experience...

Ron Castia said...

I have always done that ride in a 39 X 26. Even when my racing weight was 152lbs, and I was on a far lesser bike. Compared to my 136 now, and a very race worthy stead. I do have a 38 x 27, that is pretty small for a road bike.

I think there is a point of diminishing return when you start putting really small gears on. I don't think any is going to spin a 3 mile 18% grade, you are just going to go slower with the same 55 RPM.

Anonymous said...

I don't think any is going to spin a 3 mile 18% grade, you are just going to go slower with the same 55 RPM

Bingo

I rode a compact with a 25 last year but I was nursing a injury.

I'll roll 39x25-26 this year.

The big finger crosser is on the weather, lets hope it stays a nice cool 96* instead of being 111 like last year.

MS

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah.......

I got a new bike just for this little ride......

BuTTa baby

ms

Chico Cyclist said...

Okay Dude - Gotta know - how did it go out there today??? Heard the Sharkman won another in 8:38 - that Sasser is another cycling animal!!!