Monday, November 27, 2006

The Large Dog Park.

So after all that running around all week it was no suprise the legs were fairly sluggish come Sunday, but one has to have his priorities, and frankly there are only so many times one can get out of mowing/hiking/shopping by pleading racey race.
I meant
to do the singlespeed race, but Miz C. hadn't been home in 5 days and beating the traffic with a stop at Super Taq was the 2-1 vote.
SOOOO,
I signed up for the 35 A's, and prepared for my wooping.
Bad start, OTB by the top of the hill, but I caught back on along with the 45A field that started 10 seconds behind, then got yo-yo'ed like a fat rat and popped loose from the melee- it looks so mellow, a long line and how can anyone be getting away yet the front is moving at warp speed and gaps are innocuously opening all over the freekin place, and the back is a bad bad place to be, even though it seems so soothing and safe and smart, it's a pure lie.......
Had a great little battle with my buddy Greg of the Black Market Mafia, I put in a decent attack on a couple of fellas, only to see the 3 to go , not the 1 to go like I'm getting used to , and couldn't step on the throat when I had the chance, failure on all levels and I slipped back to my doom, but had a nice view of the 45A unfolding and tried to hang with/learn a few things as my elders came roaring by.
Stayed on the lap so I'll take that small positive, but damn I got to train for this stuff maybe, the new job is hammering the training hours sumthing fierce right now the log is a sea of yellow.....
Arggh.

4 comments:

Johnny GoFast said...

Nothing like a cold slap to the face a 35+ A race can be. And then those uberhuman 45+ers come roaring through. I'm always left there wondering if I shouldn't throw darts. My only real skill set that I've discovered. I'm in the elite A category of that field without trying, but who cares?

PAB(a.k.a.CID) said...

so, what category next week?

go for the single speed district champs??

Gianni said...

That might be fun.
CCCP- not much of a SS course though, especially not much of a SS MTB course, all that big booming flat in the wind, and the beach run and top sand pit - tough to run with that bike.
Type 2 fun fer sure.

X Bunny said...

we want a unicycle category!!