Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Taking a break

My oh my what a long season- from September on almost every weekend- I got pretty tired of the travel by December and will be cutting next season short a bit- but anyhow, the new team really got me stoked so I saddled up for ten road races or so through April.
I had mediocre condition personally but had fun and we got some stellar results as a team and always raced hard.
I always take a break in the spring and reset- this year I finished off the early road season with two new races that were a blast-
Warnerville- 3 flats for me- Vick gave me his wheel and I busted that as well- but we throw down for one another and that's what makes racing so great.
Santa Cruz- a classic I've always missed but WOW that was fun!
I struggled to hang on after a bad start from the back and with my one teammate breaking his der. cable early we were out of the fray, but I really enjoyed the corsa and will return.

I was a little tired as well from the first Get Ready For Summer race at the track the day before- this was really fun- a nice day, mucho peeps to visit with,good organization on Ricks' part and a excellent announcing job by Matt.
I raced the B's- this was a good group for me, I ran a 88 for the races wich was small but gave me a bit of hop and I wanted to keep some legs for Santa Cruz- the flip side of the 88 was getting passed in some of the sprints at the end but I liked the overall feel- I ended up winning the omnium- woot woot! I don't win too often so I really appreciate it- we all competed hard through the day and I was suprised to have done so well.
Fun times.

Back to the iron pit for a while and some needed miles- summer is right around the corner!

No comments: